23. February 2009 12:10
Cristiano Ronaldo sent Manchester United well on their way to a third successive Premiership title with another phenomenal free-kick at the weekend.
His trademark delivery in the 60th minute at Old Trafford left Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Paul Robinson helpless, and with Liverpool only drawing, leaves Utd seven points clear at the top.
It was yet another unstoppable free-kick and you have to ask - is he the greatest free-kick specialist of all time?
Here is our list of top takers:
5. Roberto Carlos. Never seemed to score, apart from that screamer against France in Le Tournoi 1997, but was always fun to watch.
4. Paul Gascoigne.Who can forget that free-kick against Arsenal in the FA Cup?
3. Alessandro del Piero. Better scoring percentage than Ronaldo, (and Beckham) so maybe unlucky to miss out on second spot.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo. The way they dip and swerve they're unstoppable; he's even created his own technique adapted to the modern ball. Genius.
1. Diego Maradona. The greatest of all time. Just watch this. No argument.
OK, so no David Beckham. We all remember that winner against Greece but how many remember the dozens he ballooned over the bar earlier in the game when a chip to the big fella at the back stick would have done the job?
We'd love to hear what you think below...